♥ Wedding Day - 12th September 2016 ♥
Day 2 in Long Banyok - Victor & Doreen's Wedding Day!
Breakfast before the wedding. I didn't get to try any because it was too early. I'm not sure what it was but I think it's glutinous rice wrapped in leaves. My aunt said it was delicious but too bad I din't get to try it.
♥
♥ I'm not sure what is this call but it's nice! XD ♥
♥ Church venue ♥
We were rushing to get to church at around 9 am but when we reached the father asked us "Why so early? We start at 9.30 am la" LOL. So instead of walking down the aisle, we ended up sitting outside waiting and greeting the guest. LOL
♥ Pretty bride of the day ♥
♥ Bride & Groom ♥
♥
♥
♥
The flower/ring set-ups by the pro-photographers. I haven't got the official photos yet but the few shots above was taken by my uncle Stanley with edits from yours truly! LOL XD
♥ Off to Church ♥
♥ After church ♥
There were set-ups outside for everyone to take picture of the bride and groom. The theme of the wedding was in blue so everything was literally in blue. Even my nails were within the blue theme. Let's take a moment to appreciate my master piece XD HAHA!
♥ Blue rose ♥
We returned to the house around 11 am after the church reception just in time for lunch.
♥ Lunch ♥
♥ Menu ♥
- Stewed pork belly
- Bamboo stew fish
- 春卷 Chun Juan (Chinese Spring Roll)
- Butter Milk Chicken
- Lemon Chicken
- Steam Pork Belly
- Glutinous rice wraps
- Fried pork ribs
- Curry Chicken
- Fruits
I think there was a few more but I couldn't remember what it was.
The cooking area was located all the way at the back of the house. It's an open area which is pretty huge. All the food for lunch is being prepared there.
Behold! The people behind the huge lunch feast! There's too many people so I couldn't remember who is who so imma just refer to aunty and uncle! LOL!
♥ Uncle carrying giant bamboo ♥
The huge bamboo shoots were to be used in cooking later on. I think it was fish that was stewed in the bamboo shoots.
♥
♥ Cleaning the bamboo before steaming the fish ♥
♥ The guy on the right is the chef ♥
♥
♥
After lunch, everyone was like in a food coma! We were exhausted partially due to the morning rush with only a few hours of sleep the night before. We get to lie down for half an hour before it's time for the afternoon session. It's the traditional wedding time. I'm not sure how to explain it as I am not so sure what is it about but I love the dress. It's so shinny and bling bling. XD
♥ Bride and Groom in traditional dress ♥
♥
It was so hard to take picture of this part as everyone was taking pictures at the same time squishing everybody but I manage to snap a few. I had to yell my aunt's name so she would look up. The one and only photo and it turned out blurry >.<"
♥
I'm not sure what the next event was for but it was feeding two kids (a boy and a girl) the rice by the new husband & wife.
♥
♥
♥ Going around the house ♥
♥ Coming back to feed the kids one serving per round ♥
♥
So basically the groom feeds it to the little girl and the bride feeds it to the little boy. They had to go round the house and feeding the kids one at a time. I think from what I remembered, they went around 8x until they finish the rice on the leaf.
♥ Ended with a traditional dance performance ♥
♥ End of Day 2 in Long Banyok - The Wedding Day ♥
Part 3 - Exploring Long Banyok will be up next~
*Update
Part 1 - HERE
Part 3 - HERE
♥ Kimmy Loo ♥































0 comments:
Post a Comment