Wednesday, 12 August 2015

♥ Secret Garden

♥ Secret Garden - 비밀의정원 ♥

A little info on the book Secret Garden from what I have gathered from the net.

Secret Garden An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book was published by Laurence King and author Johanna Basford. Apparently it is not only a colouring book but also a hidden treasure with all kinds on creatures. The book was published in 2013 but it finally made its way into Brunei. From my opinion, people started buying this book again thanks to a Korean Drama called " The Producer " and " Blood "

♥ IU from The Producer ♥

*Edit - The book that appeared in the drama Blood is another set of Johanna Basford's Enchanted Forest.

♥ Goo Hye Sun from Blood ♥

♥ Blood ♥

Source - http://kpopfighting.com/2015/07/22/adult-coloring-books-gain-popularity-among-korean-celebrities/

The book was translated into over 14 different types of languages through out the word such as Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, French and other languages which I'm not really sure what language it is in.

I however am a fan of kpop so I decided to get the Korean Version.

♥ Front Cover ♥

♥ Back Cover ♥

The whole book is filled with black and white illustrations allowing you to fill it in with whatever methods you prefer - coloring pencil, watercolor, crayons, etc.

There are hidden objects overflowing the whole book such as 20 song birds, 116 butterflies, 1 shark, 1 squirrel, 13 owl, etc. It is available within the first few pages of the book.

♥ Hidden Treasures ♥

A few pages preview of the book.

♥ Before ♥

♥ After ♥

I used STAEDTLER Luna Color Pencils and Stabilo Point 88 Fine 0.4 color pens. I was afraid the ink would go through the page but thankfully it did not flood through the page.

♥ First Page halfway filling in the colors ♥




It has a lot of small tiny details that requires a lot of time and patient to complete the whole book. 

Where to get it?

Thanks to YouCube for bringing it in to Brunei. From what I know, so far I've never seen it around Brunei and this is the first time I've encountered the book and it's from YouCube. I got it for BND$22 and there are 2 versions available. 秘密花园 Chinese Version and 비밀의정원 Korean Version.

♥ Picture taken from YouCube's instagram ♥

*Disclaimer - I was not sponsored, given special price or asked by YouCube to do this post but I decided to do a post because they are super quick in customer service and the reply super fast which I love instead of replying you one or two days late! LOL! 

First time I went there and instead of receiving cold treatment like how other places I've been to, I received a super warm welcome from May Hong explaining each and everything and I bought mask instead! LOL! This is the second time I drop by YouCube is to purchase this art book. So that is why I decided to do a quick post on where to get it cause they are super friendly. ♥


This was given to me by May when I went to their shop. Locations and how to contact them are as stated~

Contact or find YouCube at:

Contact me at:

♥ Kimmy 

0 comments:

Post a Comment